Freediving is increasing in popularity all over the world, and particularly in Moalboal and around Cebu, it’s not difficult to see why.
With dramatic wall dives all along the Moalboal Peninsular, marine life that has brought the small town international fame, world class athletes and instructors practising their art and educating new divers, Moalboal has a lot to offer the freediving community.
Freediving is a technique used with various aquatic activities. While in general all aquatic activities that include breath-hold diving might be classified as a part of freediving, some sports are more accepted than others.
Freediving is also an intriguing recreational sport, celebrated as a relaxing, liberating, and unique experience. Many snorkelers may technically be freediving if they perform any sort of breath hold diving-it is important to stress the importance of training and supervision when making this association.
Like other water sports, freediving is associated with therapeutic properties. The experience of freedom in an underwater environment makes freediving somewhat of a personal and spiritual journey for many. Yoga is used by many practitioners to increase focus, breath, and overall performance.
Is Freediving for you? Check out the info on Pure Apneas website covering eh levels of traing, or check this article to find out more about our Freediving Instructor Trainer Tomas Jereb.
Savedra Dive Center offers courses for divers of all levels. Tomas can transform a complete beginner into a competent freediver, and take you all the way through to master Instructor level.
- Level 1 Freediver 11,500 PHP This is a 2-day foundation course that covers the basics of freediving. It includes: breathing, relaxation, physiology, equipment, equalization, freediving techniques and safety.
- Level 2 Advanced Freediver 16,000 PHP This is 3-4 day core freediving course designed to equip freedivers with the knowledge and skills to become proficient advanced freedivers. Students will learn to become energy efficient; to prepare their bodies for pressure; to train on land and in the water; to perform advanced equalization techniques; to organize and run training sessions; and to do it all safely!
- Level 3 Master Freediver 21,000 PHP The Master Freediver course is essential for those who want to freedive deep, who want to freedive competitively or who would like to continue progressing towards Instructor levels. In this course the emphasis is placed on freediving beyond failure depth, equalizing using the Mouthfill technique, stretching and training techniques that will prepare your body for depth and pressure, learning the physics of deep freediving and deep freediving safety.
- Freediving Instructor This course is aimed at Master Freedivers who would like to become freediving professionals and teach others how to freedive. On successfully completing the course, instructors are certified to teach the Level 1 Freediver and Level 2 Advanced Freediver courses.
- Master Instructor The Master Instructor qualification allows Instructors to teach the Level 3 Master Freediver course. This is the most challenging qualification amongst all the freediving education systems and organizations as it requires candidates to teach and perform deep freediving skills. This includes a mandatory 60m qualifying freedive!
- Equipment is included in the course prices so you need to bring just a towel and swimsuit. However if you would like to use your own gear you’re welcome to bring it over